Pages

Tuesday 13 February 2018

The sort out continues

Because the space in my toy/wargames room is limited, trying to sort stuff out is rather like playing a three dimensional game of chess. You have to be thinking several moves ahead all the time otherwise you find that you have just stacked a load of stuff exactly when you need to go next.

At present I have three cardboard boxes of wargaming bits and pieces that are already allocated to be given to an old wargaming friend who has a use for their contents plus a black plastic sack full of rubbish that is going to be taken to the tip. I have also moved the jewellery cabinet to its new home, and have begun to transfer 15mm-scale figures from their current storage boxes into its draws. This has freed up some storage space for stuff that was difficult to get to, and has allowed me to identify several items that I no longer need and that will probably end up being sold on eBay.

Like so many things in life, this sort out is taking far longer than I expected ... but I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it should be finished by the end of the week.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I have slowly be getting rid of items I have not used for twenty plus years. It quite liberating and so far I have not missed any of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon Jones,

      It isn't an easy process, but it is - as you comment - quite liberating, and will be worth it in the end.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.