Pages

Friday 14 July 2017

Souvenirs of my recent cruise

The more we cruise, the less we seem to bring back. That said, on this occasion I did bring back some interesting souvenirs. These included two books, NIELS JUELS KANONER – FRA SKIB TIL KYSTBEFAESTNING by Kenneth Kristensen ...


... and KADETTENSCHULSCHIFF SCHLESIEN by Wolfgang Müller.


I also bough two very useful-looking small cannons, ...


... a model building from Skagen in Denmark, ...


... a figurine of a Soviet Infantryman, ...


... and three flags. The latter included an Estonian flag ...


... an Imperial German Navy War Ensign, ...


... and an Imperial German Navy Jack.


Soon after I got home from our latest cruise, David Crook sent me a flag from the Cape Verde (or Cabo Verde) Islands, which I was very pleased to add to my growing collection of flags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.