Pages

Monday 7 September 2015

Connections UK 2015

On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week I will be attending the the Connections UK 2015 conference at King's College, London. This is the third year running that Connections UK has taken place, and its aim is to 'to advance and sustain the art, science and application of wargaming'.

The purpose of the event 'is to bring professional wargame practitioners together to share what we are doing and spread best practice' but attendance is not confined to just military wargame user,; military wargaming practitioners (both designers and analysts), and academics; selected invitees from industry and recreational wargaming also attend ... and I am lucky enough to be one of the latter.

I managed to attend the first Connections UK conference, but unfortunately missed last year's. I am looking forward to going again as it is a very different type of conference from the Conference of Wargamers (COW), even though there is quite a lot of crossover amongst the attendees.

I hope to spend part of today reading through the various pre-conference briefing documents that I have been sent so that when I arrive tomorrow I can at least appear to know what is going on!

4 comments:

  1. Intriguing. Please post and AAR when you're back, if you wouldn't mind. I would very much like to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Service Ration Distribution (Hobby),

    I plan to upload each day's conference programme at some point during each evening, and then to write a blog entry about the whole conference once it is over.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Bob, it's nice to be recognised outside the immediate circle of hobby wargamers.

    I understand that my name was toasted at a recent Combat Stress Board Meeting in honour of my fund raising activities. I blushed a wee bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim Duncan,

    I suspect that one of the reasons that I was originally invited was due to the work I have done for Wargame Developments over the years, the fact that I know- and have wargames with - two of the main organisers, and the work I have done supporting the 'History of Wargaming' project.

    Congratulations for having your work fund-raising for the Combat Stress charity recognised. That is a real achievement, and worthy of being recorded and acknowledged.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.