Pages

Saturday 8 June 2013

Books, books ... and even more books!

I may be a devotee of the Kindle when it comes to most things, but I still like books ... and today has been a bit of bonanza on the printed paper front.

The post brought me two newly published books from Osprey. The first was TANKS OF HITLER'S EASTER ALLIES 1941-45 (New Vanguard 199 by Steven J Zaloga and Henry Morshead [ISBN 978 1 78096 020 3]) ...


... and the second was KHARKOV 1942: THE WEHRMACHT STRIKES BACK (Campaign 254 by Robert Forczy and Howard Gerrad [ISBN 978 1 78096 157 6]).


I hope that both of these books will prove useful as and when I begin work on my Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War campaign project.

This afternoon I visited Falconwood Transport & Military Bookshop, 5 Falconwood Parade, The Green, Welling, Kent, DA16 2PL. I try to go there every couple of months, and I rarely make a visit without buying something. Today I excelled myself and came away with two book, WARSHIP IDENTIFICATION (written by Lieutenant Commander E C Talbot-Booth and illustrated by David G Greenman; it was published in 1971 by Ian Allan [SBN 7110 0166 9]) ...


... and JANE'S FIGHTING SHIPS 1969-70 (edited by Raymond V B Blackman and published by Sampson Low, Marston & Company).


The latter cost me just £10.00(!) and has a very useful page that illustrates the ships of the Indian Navy.


I think that I will find this very useful ... especially in my preparations for my COW2013 session about Operation Vijay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.