Pages

Friday 11 January 2013

Tony Bath's gridded wargame

My cold/'man flu' persists and I have spent most of the day sneezing, coughing, and generally feeling less than 100%. My day was, however, enlivened by an email from Mike Taber that brought to my attention a very recent blog entry on his Table Top Talk blog ... about Tony Bath's CHESSBOARD WAR.


To say that I found this interesting is an understatement, and I am going to add it to my growing collection of wargame rules that use a grid. I particularly liked the simplicity of the rules and suspect that they will produce a fast wargame that has subtle nuances when played. It certainly made me realise that in developing my PORTABLE WARGAME: ANCIENTS rules I am following in some very distinguished footsteps.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting info re Tony Bath.I fancy giving the game a go sometime.Has anyone here tried it out?
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tradgardmastare,

    I must admit that it struck me as being a fast and furious game that I would like to try at some time in the future.

    I have no idea if anyone has tried the rules recently ... or in the past. If so, I am sure that we would not be alone in appreciating some feedback about how easy and/or fun they were to use.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.