Pages

Sunday 4 November 2012

Out of the box

I finally managed to get all of the bits and pieces in the 'Mini Wheels Military Force' playset out of the packaging so that I could have a proper look at them.

The aircraft were a BAE Harrier fighter, a Dassault Mirage III fighter, a Grumman F-14 Tomcat fighter, and a Boeing AH-64 Apache attack helicopter.


The armoured vehicles were an M1 Abrams tank, an M2 Bradley armoured personnel carrier, an M109 Paladin self-propelled 155mm gun, and an M270 MLRS.


The other vehicles (other than the Humvee) were all very generic in appearance and included a tank transporter, two missile transporters (one of which looked very much it was carrying a SCUD), and a cargo truck.


The accessories included a camouflaged building frontage, a section of wall, several oil barrels, some jerry cans, a jet ski(!), an inflatable dingy, and canoe, a motorbike, and eight painted figures.


Not bad for £5.50 ... and I am looking for more of the same if I can find them.

4 comments:

  1. The Angry Luker,

    I must admit that I would have paid more than £5.50 for the AFVs or for the vehicles, let alone for the aircraft.

    A bargain; I only wish I could have bought some more.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! The thrill of the hunt. I like having a reason to poke into shops when out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ross Mac,

    I did a bit of 'hunting' today ... but I have yet to find another set like this one.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.