Pages

Sunday 29 April 2012

A slight change of direction

My cold has meant that I have just not felt like doing anything practical for the last couple of days. As a result I have made no progress with my plans to build the Zvezda model kits that are supplied with ART OF TACTIC: OPERATION BARBAROSSA. I have, however, had time to think ... and I have done quite a lot.

One of the things I have been thinking about is my large collection of 20mm-scale World War II figures and vehicles. The collection has been languishing unused in its storage boxes for quite some time, and I really ought to use it. It also struck me that rather than make the Zvezda models I could use my existing figures and vehicles.

My thoughts in this direction were further influenced by a request I recently received for a copy of my OPERATIONAL ART rules and hex-based variant of Tim Gow's MEGABLITZ rules.



Either set of rules could easily be used to refight the first scenario in the ART OF TACTIC: OPERATION BARBAROSSA scenario book, something that I had planned to do in the very near future. I originally intended to use my MEMOIR OF MODERN BATTLE (MOMBAT) rules for this wargame, but I now have a choice of three sets of rules that I could use.

I am not quite sure which of the rules I will use ... but thinking about this project has helped to keep my spirits up over recent days.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    Re the rules I guess it comes down to how 'serious' a game you want to play. I suspect you have thoughts along the lines of mini campaigns and such like for the 1941 stuff so what works best with an extended time frame?

    Re the models - I reckon that if you have a large chunk of 20mm then it would be rude not to use them - especially with the extra kit in that scale from Zvezda.

    If you need a home for the 15mms let me know!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    You are absolutely right, and I suspect that I may well opt for HEXBLITZ because it works well as a set of rules for campaigns ... although I could also use my RED FLAGS & IRON CROSSES.

    I do like the look of the Zvezda 15mm-scale tanks and vehicles ... but I have so much 20mm-scale stuff that duplicating everything in a different scale just does not make sense. Therefore I may well be looking to 're-home' my 15mm-scale Zvezda models ... for a reasonable offer.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.