Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Inspiration drawn from other wargamers: Luke Hunter's Spencer Smith figures

Another regular blog reader - Luke Hunter - has also appreciated the benefits of the range of 30mm figures sold by Peter Johnstone of Spencer Smith Miniatures, and has recently bought and painted his first unit. He kindly sent me some photographs of his newly painted regiment, and has given me permission to feature them on my blog ... so here they are!






Luke has painted his figures in the same style as the figures that are featured in CHARGE! ... and I think that they look great! Well done Luke; I look forward to seeing more photos of your expanding SSM army in due course.

PS. I also received an email from Peter Johnstone of Spencer Smith Miniatures to tell me that my order was ready to be posted, and that it should be with me soon. I can hardly wait to stop writing about Spencer Smith Miniatures and to start painting them!

10 comments:

  1. Nice company! Is that General Saxe I spy with them?

    Well done Luke.

    Bob, I hope you are going to continue writing and posting pictures of your SSM's once they are painted!!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the Spencer Smith figs some of the first ones I gamed with. I have recently got some pre painted ones off ebay and armed with my copy of The War Game Im having wargame fun again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed: nostalgia + full colors!
    (Though for me I place 'The War Game' far above 'Charge!' 200% personal, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim,

    Thanks for the support.
    (Yes that is general Saxe - I wanted I nice officer to lead the unit, and he looked the best.)

    Luke Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim Duncan,

    Luke has made an excellent job of painting his Spencer Smith Miniatures and I hope to add photos of my own figures in due course.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johntheone,

    I have never owned any Spencer Smith Miniatures before, and I am looking forward to wargaming with mine as soon as possible. It is something I have aspired to do for a very long time ... and soon I will be able to.

    I have never seen SSM on sale on eBay; you must have been very lucky to find some.

    Good luck with your new 'Old School' wargaming.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abdul666,

    I own copies of both CHARGE! and THE WAR GAME and they both have much to commend them.

    CHARGE! has a special place in my affections because it was the first wargames book I bought.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Masher88 (Luke),

    I also wondered who the mounted officer was ... and now I know!

    I am looking forward to seeing your next painted unit of SSM figures.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snappy dressers. When will you start mustering your own forces?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Conrad Kinch,

    I received an email this morning from Peter Johnstone informing me that my first order had just been posted.

    With luck I should be able to start painting the first batch early next week ... if not before.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.