Pages

Sunday 21 June 2009

When Empires Clash! – The first feedback

Almost as soon as the first draft of the newly named WHEN EMPIRES CLASH! wargames rules became available online, I started to get some very useful feedback. This was mainly from blog readers robertpeel999 and arthur1815, both of whom I know well from their membership of Wargame Developments.

They have pointed out some of the more obvious errors I have made and ambiguities I have included when drafting the rules, and have made suggestions about clarifications and alterations that need to be made. As a result I have spent quite a bit of time today re-drafting the first version. Once that is completed and I have a finalised second draft I intend to play-test it, and then make it more widely available.

The changes should enable players to use these simple fast-play rules to re-fight small land battles from 1880 to 1920. In the fullness of time I intend to add rules for aircraft and small warships, but I will not do so until I have got the basics right.

2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting, Bob

    I might give these a go in a Mesopotamian campaing context with my British and Turks. I game in 28mm without a grid, but I think that I can substitute a standard unit of measure of 4 inches to replace the grid and adapt the rules to work.

    I'll report any progress on my blog, with a reference to yours.

    I'm assuming 1 stand = 1 company/battery/squadron

    Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    I will be interested to see how it works without a grid.

    You are absolutely correct; each stand represents a company/squadron/battery sized unit (I have already added this to the next draft).

    Good luck,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.